Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Tablescape - my first try






I have been creeping on other blogs for about 3 weeks now and am so amazed by the stuff I have learned in such a small amount of time! Thank you bloggers, I have been trying to link back to all the blogs so I can officially "follow" but I am doing baby steps with this...so bare with me.
I was on Thriftydecorchick's site CLICK HERE where she had a fabulous tablescape and her centerpiece reminded me that I had fabric covered cylinders hiding in my closet from back when I lived in an apartment...so I dug them out, dusted them off - and presto I had inspiration to make my very first tablescape. It's not much, but its first effort. We are having 11 people over on Thursday, so I'm going to expand the centerpiece, etc. with some more chotskies (ha ha...I had to spell check that word and it said definition: general useless crap!) too funny.

11 comments:

emptynester3 said...

Great job! Congrats on your first tablescape!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, I think you did a marvelous job with your first tablescape! I like the cylinders you used for inspiration, and I love how you folded your napkins! I bought a book about that years ago, and I think it is such fun to do neat things with napkins. I don't do this every week (more like once every six months), but it is fun! I'm glad you joined us.

Here's wishing you a Happy Tablescape Thursday and a Happy Thanksgiving, too!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Julie said...

Welcome...Great job on your first table scape...Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Family my Friend
xoxo
Julie

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Michelle, Welcome to Tablescape Thursday and blogging! This is such a great and supportive community!
Your table is beautiful. I especially like your creative napkins, and that color is beautiful!
Enjoy your Thanksgiving company.
Yvonne

Phyllis @Around the House said...

I love people who just jump in and go for it...I have been blogging since Sept. and it is fun to learn and try new stuff, you'll catch on. I am a new follower of yours and would love you to come for a visit to my blog...My most helpful person was Susan @betweennapsontheporch she has her cat in a chair on side of her blog with helpful hints, her photo hints and blog help is invaluable to a new blogger...you can follow other peole on your dashboard, just go to google and ask for what you need help on...hope this helps, I am gonna be back for more great blogs from you....welcome

Rettabug said...

Welcome to Tablescape Thursday! Your table looks lovely & the setting beside that wonderful brick wall is marvelous.
Happy Turkey day!!

Rettabug

Kimberly said...

Michelle,
Welcome! You will have lots of fun Tablescaping. So glad you've joined us! Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Marigene said...

What a lovely table!

Carol at Serendipity said...

Good job! Now you will be thinking of
others to do. Lots of fun and lots of beautiful tables out there.

Carol

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Everything looks great! Now do ya think your ready to start tackling Christmas tablescapes? :)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Jeanette said...

Wonderful job, congratulations on your first table scape.

Bckgrnd